The Technical Lead is focused on the fit, form, and function of the product. Applying and relaying the needs of the customer to the product development process in a holistic way. The outcome should be the best fit when it comes to functionality, quality, sustainability, and cost.
The Technical Lead will work closely with the Commercial Lead in order to develop the product that best fits the market and fulfills the customer’s needs using appropriate technology. Additionally, the Lead will work with partners to develop production methods in order to cost effectively bring new products/services to market efficiently.
- Design, engineer, and prototype new products to solve customer needs
- Work closely with client team to quickly understand product engineering and competitive products
- Effectively communicate between project teams, customer teams, and vendors
- Details oriented with a holistic approach that takes into consideration all facets of building new products
- Oversee and participate in development of production methods and fixtures as needed
- Manage project development using available tools – Gantt, task lists, resource, critical path
- Develop task lists: anticipating tasks required to complete project, their durations and identifying any critical task order
- Oversee documentation: product specification, acceptance specification, top down Bill of Materials, calibration procedures, testing procedures, etc.
- Strong Engineering ethics
- Strong engineering fundamentals (math, physics, engineering)
- Experience with Design For Manufacture practices
- Understand basic accounting, budgeting and marketing impacts on project success
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, driven, organized, creative, and possess superior communication and problem-solving skills
- Broad interdisciplinary Engineering experience designing/developing new products
- Experience leading engineering/scientific/technology teams
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology discipline strongly preferred
- Able to quickly get up to speed in new constantly changing environments
- Must be a team player and be comfortable working on multiple teams and projects at the same time
- Must have a passion for solving complex challenges with innovative solutions
- Varied market experiences are strongly preferred
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive health insurance offering
- Health savings account
- 401K matching
- Work remote options
Ideas2Production, LLC (I2P) offers a range of disciplinary expertise that specializes in providing commercial preparedness and product readiness to manufacturing and technology companies experiencing limitations for growth and market advancement because of internal constraints.
Uniquely positioned to offer a platform for growth through soft landing services and a robust network of successful mentors, coaches and investors.